Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Baking, DIY's and Cold, Cold weather

It's the second of December! I have felt the temperature collapse over the past days, dramatically...brrr. Anyway, getting to the subject of today, DIY advent calendars... don't worry, there won't be a rubbish piece of cardboard labeled 'Advent Calendar', I am actually going to try to make a DIY as soon as possible for one as I have had a few requests from people asking for me to at least attempt one! So I will try to at some point.

I won't be 'Blogging' tomorrow or thursday, as I will be busy going to see my aunt, and the following day I will come back but I will still probably be quite busy, so I'm very sorry about that. Anyway, the point is that today I did some christmassy baking, and thought I would give you the recipe! As this is something a little different, I don't know if you'll like it but if you do, and want me to do more of these kind of posts please say, as I love to know what will make you happy!

Ok here is the recipe, it's christmas cookies, and what is the best thing is that it leaves lot's of dough so you can keep it in you fridge and put more in the oven, the following day! This is a homemade recipe, at first I was chucking things in the bowl, but then I kind of realised what flavours to put in, and they definitely went down well with friends and family! Also don't panic! I bake quite often so I do know how to bake basic cookies, and usually do the recipes by eye though I wouldn't recommend this if you are a new baker as it might turn out slightly bad...

What you will need:
120g Plain Flour
115g Caster Sugar
100g Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1-2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1-2 tsp Runny Honey

How to make:
Ok it's pretty simple as I know many people hate long recipes, (and so do I!) So it's really simple.

1. Mix the dry ingredients, Flour, sugar, part of the cinnamon and the all the vanilla.
2. Then add the butter and the honey. Mix them all together until breadcrumb constancy.
3. Put your hands in...(I know ugh it's quite sticky!) and almost kneed the breadcrumbs togethor to form a ball.
4. Place the mixture on a clean worktop with a bit of plain flour sprinkled over.
5. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin until 1/2 cm width. Get some cute cutters (I opted for a gingerbread man shape and a star.)
6. Place on a baking tray, I use fry light cooking spray to grease it but you can use a tiny slither of butter.
7. Put into oven on 180 Celsius which is gas mark 4, for 8-11 minutes.

They are very quick, and I would take them out when they are golden around the edges, at this point they may seem squidgy and undercooked, but if you leave them to cool for 5-10 minutes, they go crunchy and are delicious. Here are the ones I made. Sorry about the photo, I was using a different camera.


I hope you can agree, that they look yummy and they do taste so good. I hope you do have the chance to try this recipe as it is really good.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. I will do a post on friday and hopefully it will make up for the two days I was away. Thank you for reading!

                                                                          Bye!X

6 comments:

  1. They look adorable! I want them all now. Cool blog I just found you through a Zoella blog post. Please go and check out my blog and hopefully follow if you like it xx
    http://anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very yummy as well! I checked out your wonderful blog, and it's so nice! X

      Delete
  2. They look so nice I can't wait to bake one some myself
    Would be grateful if you checked out my blog http://misty-may.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked your blog out, and commented. Your blog is so nice! Thanks for the comment! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Would like to know what's the honey is for? :D Can I exclude it from this recipe? :))

    babysoulz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, the honey sweetens it more and compliments the cinnamon, I think you can go without the honey as it is optional x

      Delete