Monday, 8 December 2014

Loreal Christmas Box Review

When I popped into boots a few weeks ago, they were doing a special deal o the Loreal products. I don't know if it was to do with the black friday sales or christmas, but to be honest I was so happy about the deal I didn't really think about it. Anyway, the deal was to spend £20 on Loreal and get a free Loreal christmas gift worth £30! I thought that was awesome because that is in a way earning back all the money your spending. I thought I would do another post for the £20 Loreal products I bought as it's the true match products and I would like to do a separate post for that. Here are the products that came in the christmas gift. By the way, anyone jealous of my fairy lights? hmm?


























So as you can see by the image, the set included the 'Volume Million lashes Mascara' I'm just going to take a deep breath, I have a lot to say... This is an AMAZING mascara, I'm wearing it everyday. I would now say that I am obsessed. Sometimes mascaras have a very plasticy scent due to being in the packaging a long time. This has an almost vanilla scent, it smells delicious! The applicator is plastic, but don't be put off! I'm not that keen on plastic applicators, I don't really know why. The applicator has really thin separate bristles and the shape of the brush makes applying mascara so much easier. I find also this mascara is so volumising, I will do a swipe of it and I'm ready to go. I really recommend this to anyone looking for a volumising mascara that is quick to apply.

The next product is the Loreal paris lipstick in the Colour Riche collection in 461 Scarlett Creme. This product is a bright red colour. This again has a delicious vanilla scent, I find it is quite drying. The thing I love is how pigmented it is. I know most lipsticks are pretty good at giving a good colour, but I have had mixed lipsticks before. This is a very strong colour so I sometime find I do a tiny little bit and use a lip brush to blend it into my natural shade. I am obsessed with the packaging, It's a really pretty gold colour with almost a 'belt' which helps the lipstick twist back on and lock in place. They also engraved 'Loreal Paris' into the inside of the lipstick which gives that extra 'Wow!'.

The final product in the christmas box is a nail polish. This matches the lipstick really well, except from the lipstick is slightly darker. To be honest, I haven't tried this product yet, but that is mainly only because the colour is very vibrant. I would actually describe it pillar box red. It is also in the Colour Riche collection but in 408 exquisite scarlet.

I do reccomend that you pop into boots soon to pick one up as I have had a pretty good experience with them and will continue to use them. Also, I do think the deal is amazing and is perfect for a christmas gift, or just for yourself. This post was instead of a 'Blogmass' post today as I thought You would prefer this! Thanks for reading!

                                                                     Bye!X















28 comments:

  1. I wanna try that mascara! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Following you on GFC, I will now on bloglovin. xx

      Delete
  2. There was also a white eyeliner xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, thank you for reminding me! Oops! xx

      Delete
  3. I tried to follow you but it says the option is unavailable so I will try again later on.

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, If it doesn't work I will try to find out what the problem is. I will now go and follow you xx

      Delete
  4. It sounds like the mascara is worth trying out :) I love your fairy lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mascara is fantastic, really worth trying if you like luscious long lashes! I will do another loreal review soon as I also purchased a foundation and powder. A white eyeliner is missing from this review, but it's just a standard eyeliner. X

      Delete
  5. Love this mascara!
    Want to follow each other on GFC?
    Let me know!

    Greets from the EDELFABRIK
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! That would be nice to follow each other on GFC. Also, if you have bloglovin I would love to follow you there as well. X

      Delete
  6. I really want this mascara now!! I just use a sample I got from boots ahah! I will follow your blog now as I have just been looking through your posts!
    Sugarblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankk you so much! The mascara is gorgeous isn't it? I'm now going to check your blog out! x

      Delete
    2. I am trying to follow you but it won't let me at the moment x
      sugarblush.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Someone else said that, I don't know why it's not working. Maybe wait a bit and then press the GFC button again. If it doesn't work then, I will either remove it or try to find what the problem is. X

      Delete
    4. I had someone follow me today, so maybe it happens now and then? x

      Delete
    5. I've just tried again but I'm not sure if its me or you. x

      Delete
    6. hey i think that the emily girl is lying as wot i can tell she just want ya to follow her. nice post.

      Delete
    7. Please could you keep your thoughts to yourself Joannah, I don't like there being any rude or mean comments on my blog. Also, If you try again Emily Blaise, It may work now then I will obviously follow you back. X

      Delete
  7. Yes, i agree with Emily i want this mascara too, even though i am a man, but i am a gay queen,LOL. Anyway i love this post. great one, it has so much fun checking out someone`s favorite product.

    i am following your site, and if you like you can do the same

    http://www.fashionculturediary.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am now going to follow you, thanks for the comment! X

      Delete
  8. oh my, love the look of that mascara girl!

    Karyn // Karyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing mascara, I wear it every day. Gives a really volumised effect. Thank you for the comment X

      Delete
  9. Heya, I was wondering if u could do a winter/Christmassy makeup look tutorial?
    Only if u have time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was thinking of doing one anyway! It will be up soon X

      Delete
  10. Lovely post! c: x

    http://liliummind.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I that you love it. I want to buy it anytime I walk past it at the store. Maybe this will give me enough of an excuse!

    http://deltapeach1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good deal, boots put it down to spend £14 at the L'Oreal counter, get the free £30 gift. Definitely worth picking up, in the box forgot to mention but they also include a £2.50 off voucher for the true match foundation. X

      Delete
  12. I also got this deal! Couldn't pass such a bargain. I really like your blog, check mine out? It would mean the world to me! its: http://makeupandmarmalade.blogspot.co.uk/ hope you like it xox

    ReplyDelete