Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Maybeline Colour Sensational Popsticks

When I had my shopping splurge the other day, 2 of the items I bought were the 'Maybeline ColourSensational popsticks'. These weren't exactly lipsticks, and weren't really chapsticks. They were a bit of a mix but still transferred colour. They are very moisturising but still have a good colour.



 To be honest I shouldn't judge it by it's packaging, but the packaging is quite quirky, and I love the colour. I also find they look very appealing just looking at them. I got them in 2 colours.

The one on the left, is in 080 cherry pop and the one on the right is 060 citrus slice. I found that when I swatched them, they were mostly clear and as you can see in the picture the actual lipstick looks a bit like a'popsicle' or ice lolly. The one in Cherry pop, really surprised me when swatching. It came out a very bright orange colour a bit like how citrus slice appeared. The next one was citrus slice.
This also surprised me when coming out a very pale pink colour.

I would say that they are not pigmented well at all, the colour is a very vague sort of shade and only really appears when swatching. However, when you apply it leaves a nice shimmering colour and leaves your lips very hydrated. I would recommend these to be used as tinted chapsticks. The scent is a very sort of fruity scent which I prefer much better than a strong perfumed scent. I think these would be lovely to use in the summer, as they seem really refreshing and would be very hydrating on a hot day! The word 'Popsicle' gives a big hint on the consistency and look and I think that is the perfect word to describe it. 

If you would like to purchase them, they are sold on amazon and in certain beauty and health shops.
Thank you very much for reading.

18 comments:

  1. I just want to eat them! Almost bought them just because of their look haha~

    http://marygolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, if they were edible I would definitely eat them! They smell so good though, they're have a fruity smell. I'm going to take a good look at your blog X

      Delete
  2. I love these colours, they look so nice!!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come in lots of pretty colours, they're really worth buying. Thank you for your comment! X

      Delete
  3. They look so cool, and I probably would end up not using them just to keep them looking as they are haha:)
    Ariana | Cyanicly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing that appealed to me was the colour of them both, but I haven't used them tones to keep them having a good shape! X

      Delete
  4. They look so nice and bright!
    missace99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really bright, though it was surprising how the orange one came out more pink than the cherry one! X

      Delete
  5. Omg these look so cute! The fact that the orange one looks see through makes me want to buy it just for that haha :P
    itsrhin.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the testers in store, I was pretty shocked as I was expecting a full colour and a matte lipstick but the fact that they were more like a Chapstick made me want to buy them. X

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I really recommend them, thank you for commenting :-) x

      Delete
  7. I love the packaging, nice post :)

    www.vanityflows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is very quirky and different to a standard lipstick/Chapstick, it's what caught my eye! Thank you for commenting :-)

      Delete