Sunday, 4 January 2015

Small Makeup Haul

A few days ago, I went on a stroll around town and ending up buying a few bits. I thought instead of doing lots of long in depth reviews, I would do a haul (Which I've never done before) and see if you like it or not. I only bought a few items as I only wanted these items so I didn't have a splurge. (Good for my wallet!) So I thought I would run through and tell you what I got!

I will start of with foundations as they are the main items. Now I got a few,  just to try and see what they were lie and to compare them thoroughly over time. I will do a few mini reviews for some of these items as I have tried a few of them.
Here are the foundations I purchased. I got; Loreal Nude Magique Eau de teint, Rimmel Wake me up, Miss Sporty so matte, collection lasting perfection.

I haven't yet tried the Loreal paris one, but from first loos its seems to be a very liquidly light coverage foundation which when swatched feels amazingly soft. The only thing I am annoyed about is that they don't have a wide variety of shades. This was £9.99 and first thoughts are that it's the softest foundation I've ever felt! Buy it here.

The next foundation was the wake me up. Now this purchase was because everybody had been raving about it and I wanted to find out what I was missing out on. This was a very cheap foundation, and I tried it yesterday. I am very impressed with this, the colour is too pin for me and too dar but it's the lightest colour they had available but I have yellow toned sin which is annoying but this worked very well for me. It gave me a very good coverage. This was medium/Light coverage and has a 'Radiant glow' which helped my face loo a little less dull. This was £5.99, buy it here. It currently has an offer for £3 off on this foundation bringing it down to only £5.99.

The miss sporty foundation, I tried as well. This was a very thin watery constancy and spread well. The coverage was light, but again the colour was too pink for me and slightly dark. This was basically not that interesting. It was a pretty bog standard foundation which is probably better for people who are new to makeup. I'm not saying its bad, but it wasn't that exciting and was a little plain. For its price it's amazing. It's extremely cheap, does everything it says but didn't really give my face any glow. This I might be passing on but I'm not that sure as this I just didn't quite get along with. It's £3.49. Buy it here.

The last one is my least favourite. I tried it on this morning with high hopes seeing as it looked quite light in the bottle. It came out bright orange...It was very heavy coverage and loos really cakey when applied. This definitely isn't a favourite. To be honest I haven't been that impressed with collection. It may be cheap and affordable for beginners, but the concealer is really thin, doesn't cover up anything and creases under the eyes. If you still want to, buy it here for £5.99.

 I only bought this as I was running out of eye pencil, but I purchased this natural collection eye pencil as I've never tried natural collection and want to see the quality. This was £1.99 which is pretty cheap for an eye pencil. It wasn't very pigments and broke as soon as I tried to apply it. It snaps very easily which obviously isn't wanted. Buy it here.

This was a new item to me. i thought I would try it as it looked similar to the revlon lip sticks and the clinique chubby sticks. I love this. It comes out a gorgeous light piny with a hint of orange. I adore creamy lip products and this definitely ticks the box. This was only £2.50, really good quality for price. it was in the shade vintage. Buy it here.
I Wanted to try a new clear/transparent powder and came across this. As it's high street you can't always get the best for the price but I was very impressed with this as well. I use it everyday over my foundation and it is better than m old one. for It's price it's incredible and is really smooth. It doesn't crumble, and applies really well on it's own or over concealer/Foundation. Buy it here, for only £3.99.




Sorry for the extremely long post. If you liked this style post, then maybe I could do more lie this in future? Than you for reading! X

18 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm not a fan of the Collection foundation either however the lip crayons are really great. xx

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I adore the lip crayons as they feel very creamy on the lips but go on so easily. X

      Delete
  2. That collection lip crayon looks lovely, love the shade!x

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I had was in vintage rose, if you ever pop into boots or superdrug I really reccomend you buy one as they are only £2.50. X

      Delete
  3. Rimmel's Wake Me Up and the Lasting Perfection ones are really good! Great blog btw :)

    roseycheeks20.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I have been loving the wake me up foundation as it gives a really nice glow. X

      Delete
  4. I completely agree with your comment on the Collection Foundation, I bought it a few months ago and was SO disappointed with it!

    http://betsyloopylou.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very disappointing, it also was very cakey and made me look bright orange! X

      Delete
  5. I really need to go buy a new foundation, and I really think Rimmel's Wake Me Up could work for me :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it, it's good for it's price and in boots it is down by £3. X

      Delete
  6. I love the collection foundation it's amazing for the price! The only thing I find with it is the ivory tends to go very orange which can be a problem.
    I followed your blog.
    Feel free to check mine out you get a chance,
    Have A Pretty Day,
    Kayleigh xoxo
    havea-prettyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or I tried to follow you, it just doesn't seem to be working at the moment, I'll check back in a few hours or tomorrow to see if it will.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'm not that keen on the collection foundation However it is pretty cheap for the people who have just started in makeup and want to try new things X

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! Such a shame about the Collection foundation, I have always wondered what it would be like as I know that their concealer is amazing and I wear it all the time! And for the Rimmel transparent powder, I have it also and I also find it great over my foundation but I wouldn't say it's the best, I actually prefer the stay matte one. :)
    -Paige x

    http://paigeelizabeth1.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concealer I wear everyday, I haven't tried the stay matte one so I think I might go and buy one as Rimmel's products are a bargain! X

      Delete
  9. Just came across your blog, have only read one blog post and already in love with your style of writing. Followed! X

    http://georgiajohnstone.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's very kind, I will go and check your blog! X

      Delete