Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Topshop Lipsticks Review

I am sorry I didn't''t get this posted at the weekend, I was pretty busy so I thought I would post this today. The other day, I went shopping (again) and purchased two lipsticks that I've never tried. I have heard quite a lot about the topshop lipsticks but never a proper review so I thought I would go out and buy them myself. I picked 2 very different colours, but they are both colours that suite my skin tone.

Thee first lipstick I bought was beguiled, this was a very dark purple colour with a bit of vampy look. It looked very similar to MAC'S Reble. I adored this lipstick and It goes with many outfits. I think many people would like this colour and it looks very autumnal so very wearable in the chillier seasons.

The colour was very pigmented and came out very well. I found the consistency wasn't very creamy and was quite drying on the lips so I slapped on some Vaseline before so my lips didn't dry out. The other thing I found slightly difficult was the shape of the lipstick. It was pretty standard but was very pointy at the top so It was difficult to follow the shape of my lips. It did stay a very long time though, I applied it at the beginning of the day and by the end of the day with drinking, eating and licking my lips it was still on but a little but had worn of near the gap of my mouth.

The other shade I picked up was ditsy, this is a gorgeous orangey pink colour which is gorgeous for the more summary seasons, I thought this was a very pretty shade and again was very pigmented. It had a really long stay but did ware of my lips a bit easily then beguiled. These lipsticks were £8 each which was pretty good. If your like me and love a good, long lasting, pigmented lipstick, you will love this. They havew loads of colours varying for all different skin tones. Thanks for reading. X

16 comments:

  1. I don't normally wear dark lipsticks as I have very pale skin, but the second one looks really pretty. Last time I went into Topshop, everything was really expensive (it's a new store), but next time I go I'll look for it.
    Great post!

    http://littleteensblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of there items are very expensive, even though the lipsticks cost a little buit more than i'm willing to pay, I think they are good for the price. X

      Delete
  2. I love your blog!! I've nominated you for the liebster award. All the information you need is over on my post :) make sure to come over and leave a comment telling me that you have done it, so that I can check Your post out xx

    http://zoesherlock.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really need to do the Leinster post soon, I may do it in the week, I will definitely look at your blog again for the details X :-)

      Delete
  3. Great post.
    Follow to follow?

    http://agatha-agata-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sorry, I don't do follow for follow, but I will check your blog out anyway X

      Delete
  4. Hi! I love your blog and your layout and content are truly amazing!
    I would love it if you could follow back and share your views in the comments section on my posts?!
    Thanks,
    ~basicallychloe x
    ( Ps Don't forget to smile! X )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Also thank you very much for following, I checked your blog and sent you a comment. :-) I couldn't fgind the GFC icon at the time but I will search again and follow as I love your blog. X

      Delete
  5. I love the topshop lipsticks! These colours are great too, and you are right that is such a dupe for MAC Rebel!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are brilliant lipsticks. However, I have found they may be very pigmented but they aren't as creamy as the Mac lipsticks and are rather drying, though that doesn't stop me loving them! X

      Delete
  6. I love your blog (I'm quite new to this so I'm not sure how to follow oops! However I have you bookmarked (: )
    I love those shades and I will be sure to look out for them.

    http://classybutterfly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Don't feel like you have to follow, I keep lots of m favourite blogs bookmarked for quick access :) There is a little gadget at the side of the blog which say's Members, followed by a tab "Join this site" which you can click and it lets you follow. My favourite most worn shade, is defiantly the more vampy colour, I think the thing I love about it, is that it goes with a lot of colours so you can wear it with a whole range of clothes. X

      Delete
  7. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it!
    It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do take a lot of care to write posts, and I do have to say I am happy with the way my photos come out ! :) I will defiantly check out your blog, I do love reading blogs. X

      Delete
  8. Hello! I nominated you for the Leibster blog award! Details on my blog
    http://onlinemissy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi i nominated you for the liebster blog award details on my blog

    http://welcometoaliceslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete