Saturday, 4 April 2015

Dramatic Spring Eye Look

Happy pre-Easter! For those who don't do easter, I hope you have a nice day tomorrow. Personally, I do sometimes go somewhere on easter just to get free chocolate eggs and to be outside with and around family. I know I didn't do my usual post on friday but I thought I would do a post today as I tried a makeup look the other day and liked how it turned out. I hope you enjoy this post, If you would like me to do more posts like this then feel free to say as I want to know what's liked! Also... I would love to know what you do at easter, if you do anything.

The look is quite smokey and dramatic so It wouldn't be worn everyday, but might look nice at a special occasion or a party. I was just playing around with a few eyeshadows not really knowing what I was doing so I will try to say what I did the best as I can...

I didn't put any eyeliner in the look but you could add eyeliner if you want it to be slightly more dramatic or darker.

I firstly just highlighted the inner corner of my eye and below my brow with a matte white eyeshadow. I then took a very neutral coral/natural colour eyeshadow and sweeped it across the lid.

Next I applied a dark grey and swooped it round and through the crease. You could make it slightly sharper by using a piece of tape but I preferred it without.

I then blended it out with a smudging brush to make it smokier and more dramatic. Finally I just applied a layer of mascara I actually used one I haven't reviewed yet but feel I should as I have been loving it a lot.

Just as a last thing, I noticed I had 17 followers the other day... I'm just amazed and really, really grateful. Thank you so much! Don't feel like you have to follow but I am so grateful for the 17 that have. I defiantly will be doing a giveaway at some point as you really deserve it! Thank you for reading. :)

17 comments:

  1. I love this eye look! Its so pretty! x
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. this eye look is lovely!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty wish I could do that with makeup but sadly I'm hopeless :( xx

    http://attemptingtobeunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't think anyone can be hopeless, it does take practise though. X

      Delete
  4. This eye look is amazing! Too bad whenever I do my eyeshadow it looks like someone punched me in the eye haha. Loving your blog!

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm sorry, as I said in a comment above this makeup unfortunately takes practise I'm sure with trial and error it would be fabulous. X

      Delete
  5. I have just stumbled across your blog as I went from one to another and I absolutely love it! Futhermore, I love this look! I will be using at the next chance I get - if not earlier for a trial.
    Most likely I will be using some cheaper eye shadows and having a look at how the results turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! With this look I did use a cheap eyeshadow palette as I wanted to test it out, and it worked very well. I got it of amazon for about £3.99 which is such a bargain. X

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I am taking some photographs today for a blog post and I will try and recreate this style for the shoot.

      Delete
    3. I will go and check it out when it's done! X

      Delete
    4. Haha all done if you're still interested. I didn't do any close ups on my makeup though, so you can't really tell.
      I went with a smoky grey instead of black in the crease to make it a little more subtle.

      Delete
  6. It looks absolutely amazing! I just found your blog and I love it!
    I will definitely follow!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!
    www.bethanscloud.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved creating this, I didn't really know what I was doing but I liked how it tuned out! :)

      Delete